You may make a lot of changes in scheduling your posts on Instagram but may not get the right number of traffic to your fashion site. You may have selected even the right type of photos that relates to your brand and the fashion product but still may be looking for the traffic and far from the count you desire. Well, the only reason behind such non-performance of your site could be that your images are not reaching to the right type of audience you have targeted.
Ideally, a fashion product is not the cup of tea for the public in general. You will need to know a lot of things such as:
- The specific niche of the market
- The source of your audience
- Their needs, choices and preferences and
- Deliver them exactly as they want.
In short, you will need to make sure that your posts resonate well with your target audience so that you increase the number of traffic to your fashion site.
Therefore, do not just focuses on making the changes in your posting schedule or the type of images, you want to post. Also, consider the user metrics for gaining the best results and optimal performance of your posts. When you track your user metrics you will be able to:
- Know about the behavior and needs of the users and
- Know and keep an eye on the areas that need immediate improvement.
This will make your business promotion efforts comparatively easier and enable you to gain the maximum profit from this popular visual platform to make your Instagram followers visit your fashion site in large numbers.
Tracking the right metrics
There are lots of benefits of tracking the user metrics and all of it has a significant role to play in increasing the traffic count to your site.
- The most significant benefit of tracking the right metrics is that you will be able to know easily about how well your posts and page are performing and whether or not it is under performing. Unless you do this, you will not be able to improve your Instagram performance and optimize it.
- On the other hand, when you have the measurable results in your hand you will know exactly what is working best for your site and those that are causing a hindrance to its performance. It will then be possible to make the necessary changes to your posts, its schedule and other allied and relevant areas to increase the performance level of your site.
In order to track the right metrics, you will need to follow a few specific steps to ensure that you are doing the right thing and the performance of your site is moving towards the right direction, northwards.
Track the Instagram follower growth rate
Start by tracking the growth rate of your Instagram followers. This is important because:
- The rate of growth in your followers for Instagram may not be considered as a vanity metric as it is commonly considered when it comes to considering the total amount of followers you have in your Instagram account and
- When you know about the growth rate of your followers and keep a track of how it looks like on a consistent basis, you will be able to see how each kind of content including your posting types and its frequency are affecting the performance and other things.
Tracking the Instagram follower growth rate is not at all difficult as you may think when you use tracking tools like Influencer Dashboard.
Measure the engagement metrics
The next step to follow to know everything about your user metrics is to measure the engagement rates. You can do this by calculating the likes and comments that your posts may have received. This approach will help you to:
- Find out the average engagement rate of your total Instagram followers
- Know the average engagement rate of each of your posts as well.
These two metrics will make it easier for you to get a clear picture of how your page and post is performing. Ideally, if you have a smaller following, the rate of engagement will be higher. No matter how surprising this fact may seem to you. It is true, the experts say.
URL click-through rates
Last but not least, you will need to track your URL click-through rate as well. If you do not have any such link to your site you must add one immediately in your Instagram bio.
This metric will show you exactly how many people are clicking through to your website URL. According to research reports of Conversion XL, the ideal click-through rate on Instagram is 0.94%.
However, these click though the rate will be higher only when the Instagram marketing techniques on your audience is more effective. Therefore, if the metrics suggest that it is low then you should work on improving or changing your approach entirely.
You will be better off with such metrics when you use tools like Sprout Social. This is an effective tool that will measure exactly how many clicks your link is receiving with respect to the impressions and engagements.
Dominance of Instagram
Using the right metrics will ensure that you make the best use of the dominance of Instagram on other social media channels and make a serious impression in this world. With over 800 million and counting active monthly users, this is surely the go-to place for sharing your images and videos of a fashion event. You will get the desired results and traffic but for that, you will have to know and follow the user metrics properly.
The above steps will surely help you to deal with your users and scoop out a considerable part of the 800 million monthly users. You will get more likes and comments and at the same time increase the number of traffic to your fashion site.
Finally, a pro tip
If you want your posts to do excessively well in this photo sharing platform you may consider investing on an influencer with a large fan following. You will automatically get these trusted followers to visit your site.
Pete Campbell is a social media manager and has immense knowledge about email marketing and Instagram promotion. He delights his clients by helping them buy real Instagram likes. He loves to travel, write and play baseball.